Last Updated May 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On the Site, we provide information about our programs, products and services (“Services”).
(i) online when you visit my Website and
(ii) offline when you provide information to me.
Acceptance of Terms
The Information I Collect
In the course of operating the Website and/or interacting with you, I will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
When you sign up to receive any of my newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide me with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number.
I do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Website unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending me an email or signing up for a newsletter.
All information I collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
I do not collect or store bank account or credit card details nor do I share customer details with any third parties.
I take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to my site is sent at your own risk.
When you place an Order, you must provide me with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
In addition to the information noted above, I may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
From You Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to me (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
From Your Activity Information that I automatically collect when you use the website, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Website you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
From Cookies Information that I collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a Website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. I may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your Ib browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help me collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want me to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from me, the Website may not function properly.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
From Other Sources I also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
I don’t share Other Information about your activity on the Website with any third parties for any purposes.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by contacting me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any email from me. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account or their Orders. I will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How I Use and Share the Information
When you access or use my Services, I need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. I am committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when I process personal data:
- I strive to collect only the minimum personal data that I need to deliver any Services to you.
- I aim for full transparency on how I use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- I make sure I only use your information for the purposes you have given me permission for.
I rely on a number of legal bases to use your information, as set out in this Policy:
- Contract – the use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual obligations in order to provide any Services to you or to administer any Contests you enter into;
- Legal obligations – my use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if I are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
- My legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of my legitimate interests, such as to:
- run, grow, develop and deliver my services ;
- detect and prevent fraudulent activities;
- enhance the security of my network and information systems;
- better understand how people interact with my website;
- determine the effectiveness of my promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve my services and communications for the benefit of my customers.
- run, grow, develop and deliver my services ;
- Consent – I rely on your consent to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as my newsletters and promotional offers) by email, Messenger, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the Unsubscribe option in relation to email subscriptions, or contacting me using the details set out in the “contacts” section of this Policy.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; during webinars, classes, telephone conferences, or coaching calls; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. I cannot be responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of such information.
How I Protect the Information
I take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. I cannot guarantee the security of my databases, nor can I guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from me over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to me via email.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
I do not monitor, recognise, or honour any behavioural advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Me
Access to Information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which I hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com. In order to meet my costs in responding, I will charge you a fee of $15.00.