Hi, I'm Keyon.
“Real security lies in becoming more of who we really are.” ~ Pam Grout
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
~ Dr Suess
This is a snap shot of who I am.
As a kid, I was either loved or hated.
As an adult, nothing much has changed.
As a kid, I loved to laugh.
As an adult, I still love to laugh, it’s one of life’s most beautiful medicines.
As a kid, I made potions out of anything I could find in the bathroom and kitchen.
As an adult, I make potions out of things I can find in health food stores and, the kitchen.
As a kid, I was the class clown.
As an adult, I am the class clown in life school.
As a kid, I could never finish a thing I started.
As an adult, I struggled with this until I figured out, through ups and downs and mega frustrations that I would only finish doing the things that I really wanted to do or, things that were to lead me to the next step in my evolution.
As a kid, I was told that I should become a lawyer.
As an adult, I became one. (There is a whole story about how I put myself through law school as a single mother.)
As a kid, I was very lucky to be able to manifest things and opportunities I wanted out of the blue.
As an adult, I realised how to tap into that “luck” on tap.
As a kid, I had this ability to just know things about people and situations, I saw things that I couldn’t explain.
As an adult, I finally figured out that I was tapping in to what we all have, an ability to use our sixth sense.
As a kid I loved teaching the other kids things I had just learned or discovered.
As an adult, nothing has changed!
As a kid I thought loving yourself was being up yourself.
As an adult I realised how important it is to love yourself.
As a kid I thought ego meant being up yourself.
As an adult I found out that my ego is both my friend and foe.
As a kid, I wanted to grow up and be rich.
As an adult, I got rich, but felt unfulfilled until I really discovered what being rich means.
These days, I love to write and share stories (and my take on things) about life, love, intuition, spirituality, entrepreneurship and women’s woes.
I don’t profess to have all the answers, cos God knows, I still have a lot of unanswered questions.
But, through my detective work (always wanted to be a detective as a kid), I have figured out the following:
- Your purpose in life is to be the best and truest version of yourself, you gotta peel off the layers to get to the core of who you really are.
- That you don’t need to go trekking in the Himalayas for months or sit at the feet of gurus in India or have the hands of shamans or healers on you to heal and to discover the truth of who you are, it can be done by living your every day life.
- That our life is our spiritual journey.
- That every single thing you have gone through in your life, good or bad, is meant to shape and teach you how to be who you really are.
- That being our true selves is the highest spiritual point we can reach because when we become our true selves, we become truth and pure love.
- That the more I discover, the more I realise I don’t know much about anything!
- You have to laugh, a lot, and not take yourself or life too seriously.